Executive Administrative Assistant
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Shipwire provides growing e-tailers with e-commerce order fulfillment services powered by a global warehouse network and its Store-Sell-Ship™ platform. Shipwire eliminates the hassle of storage and shipping, so merchants can focus on growth. With warehouses in Los Angeles, Reno, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver and the UK, Shipwire allows merchants to drastically reduce shipping costs by locating inventory closer to buyers. Usage-based plans start at just $29/month, and enable merchants to locate inventory in all warehouses, with no contract commitments. Shipwire is the only warehouse logistics service that instantly integrates with shopping carts and inventory management systems.
We are looking for a professional individual to complete complex and non-routine administrative activities, as well as providing full administrative support, for the CEO and his direct reports as needed. This individual will create and coordinate correspondences, memoranda, various organization-related reports and documents, and meeting minutes; prioritize and manage daily and long-term schedules.
The essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment and are not inclusive of all responsibilities.
- Create and coordinate correspondences, memoranda, various organization-related reports and documents, and meeting minutes as needed
- Manage, monitor and direct mail, incoming phone inquires and phone messages, e-mail, and other business activities. Contact internal and external parties to follow-up and/or gain additional information as required.
- Organize business meetings and travel itineraries, including transportation and hotel arrangements.
- Assist with the preparation of various documents and reports for presentations.
- Oversee and act as a lead administrative assistant in the day-to-day operations of human resources.
- Provide administrative support to CEO and direct report pertaining to phone and internet-based research projects, data entry, expense reports, etc.
- Contribute to special projects as assigned.
Successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Superior problem solving skills – must be resourceful and creative with solutions
- Requires excellent analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to interact comfortably with the organization’s senior management.
- Must be personable and extremely professional with an ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Must have an executive level maturity and presence.
- Strong computer skills, including web-based applications, Windows-based applications, and all Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years administrative experience in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of the above must be supporting senior level managers/executives
Keywords (don’t read into this if you”re a candidate, we”re just trying to get our posting found by job searchers):
3PL, customs broker, freight forward, third party logistics, warehouse, ecommerce, software, office manager, project coordinator, shipping expert, parcel, packaging, assistant, small business service, SaaS, customer support, support manager, office coordinator, controller, finance, military, army, navy, air force, marines, senior, product, engineer, manager, director, vp, vice president, secretarial, secretary, admin, administrative assistant, executive
Calling all sales professionals!
Shipwire's Sales Agent Program pays commissions for lead generation and introductions.
Can’t find the ideal position?
Don’t let that stop you from applying to the Shipwire Talent Network. We’re growing quickly, and are always on the lookout for the right people.
Submit your resume