|Support series: Fulfilling Amazon sales with Shipwire|
Connect to Shipwire: Amazon MWS (This page)
Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) is an integrated Web service API that helps Amazon sellers to programmatically exchange data on listings, orders, payments, reports, and more.
Connecting your Amazon Store to Shipwire is easy. The sell tool uses the Amazon MWS API connection. NOTE: Your Amazon account must allow for API access (not available for individual accounts, you need a Pro account or better). If you are unsure of your account type, contact Amazon.
Order Entry – Orders are submitted to Shipwire from your e-commerce store automatically via our Order Entry API. Once your online store receives an order, Shipwire takes care of the rest.
Order Tracking – All tracking information related to completed shipments is pulled automatically, including expected delivery dates.
Inventory Status – You can query your inventory status globally, by region, or by warehouse. Find out when inventory will be available for products that are out of stock.
Begin by following the steps below to enable Amazon MWS API access. Not all Amazon Seller portals are configured, so you use a portal that’s not available, Contact Us.
- Enable the Amazon MWS sell tool under Add Selling Tools in the Sell tab in your Shipwire dashboard.
- Select the appropriate Amazon Seller Portal to enable.
- Go to http://developer.amazonservices.com to enable Amazon MWS. Specific URL will vary by Seller Portal, for instance, the UK portal is http://developer.amazonservices.co.uk.
- Click the Sign up for MWS button.
- Log in to your Amazon seller account. You will need to do this for each Amazon seller portal.
- On the MWS registration page, click the button for ‘I want to use an application to access my Amazon seller account with MWS’.
- In the Application Name text box, type the name of the application that you want to use as: Shipwire Distribution.
- In the Application’s Developer Account Number text box, enter the MWS developer account identifier for Shipwire for the particular portal listed below.
- Click the Next button.
- Accept the Amazon MWS License Agreement and click the Next.
- The next page will display your Merchant ID, Marketplace ID. Copy these identifiers as you will need them for the next step. It is also a good practice to print this page and save it in a safe place.
- For the Merchant Token, you must log in to your Amazon Seller account and go to your account profile page. The Merchant Token will be near the bottom of the page.
- Enter your Merchant ID, Marketplace ID, and Merchant Token into the appropriate field below.
Once you’ve completed the steps above, check that you’ve added the Amazon MWS sell tool in your Shipwire account, then follow these instructions to complete the connection.
- Enter your Amazon Merchant ID, Marketplace ID and Merchant Token into the Setup Connection field in the Sell panel of your Shipwire dashboard.
- Select the Shipwire API connections you wish to use for your connection.
- Schedule your order fulfillment.