Same Day Shipping
Use Same Day Shipping across the Shipwire global warehouse network
Now you can get your products into the hands of your customers faster than ever. With Same Day Shipping from Shipwire, every order submitted (in warehouse) before 5:30 AM LWT (Local Warehouse Time) will ship out that same day. This help article covers the preference settings, and other key aspects of Same Day Shipping to help you understand how it works.
- What is Same Day Shipping?
- Pros & Cons
- Service level exclusions
- Setting up Same Day Shipping on your account.
- Reviewing an order for when it will be submitted to the warehouse.
- When to use “Expedited Handling” options
- How to report a problem and credits. (See also help article on report a problem)
What is Same Day Shipping?
Same Day Shipping allows you to send an order to a Shipwire warehouse where we will pick, pack and hand the order to the carrier all in the same day. For an order to be shipped the same day, you will need to send it to the warehouse by the local cut-off time.
Here is vocabulary used throughout Shipwire around Same Day Shipping:
- Local Warehouse Time (LWT) - For Guaranteed Same Day Shipping, your orders will need to be dropped (an order is dropped when it is automatically submitted and accepted by the warehouse) before 5:30 AM in the destination warehouse’s time zone. For example, for an order shipping from the Shipwire UK warehouse you would ensure that it is submitted no later than 5:30 a.m. GMT, whereas an order shipping out of Los Angeles can be submitted by 5:30 a.m. PST. To keep all of these time zones straight, we refer to the time zone of the destination warehouse as Local Warehouse Time.
- Guaranteed Same Day Shipping – We take our shipping guarantees seriously. If you want an order shipped out same day, ensure that it is submitted to the warehouse by 05:30 LWT and we’ll ship it the same day. Guaranteed!
- Best Effort Same Day Shipping – For orders submitted after 05:30 LWT, we’ll try our best to ship your orders the same day. Although orders received during this time period are not guaranteed to ship the same day, orders submitted in the 10:30 and 13:30 periods will get our very “best effort.”
- Expedited Same Day Options – We know some orders must absolutely go out today even if they are submitted after 05:30 LWT. In these situations, you can upgrade most orders to go out the same same day for a small fee. And if we don’t deliver, we’ll automatically refund you for the expedited handling charge.
- Expedited Same Day Guaranteed – Submit the order by 10:30 LWT and for $1.00 per order we’ll ship it out the same day. If we don’t, we’ll credit back your $1 and you’ll get the item handling credits too on any qualifying order. Like we said, ”We take our shipping guarantees seriously!”
- Expedited Same Day – Drop the order by 13:30 LWT and for $2.50 we’ll ship it out the same day. If we don’t, we’ll credit back the $2.50.
- Guaranteed Next Business Day – If your order doesn’t qualify for Same Day Shipping it will go out the next business day, guaranteed!
- Order Delay Preference – If you want to give yourself additional time to review automatically transmitted orders (i.e. cart, spreadsheet upload or API) before they are submitted to the warehouse you can set up an “order delay.” This gives you time to make changes before we process your order. At Shipwire, we allow you to run as fast or slow as your business requires.
Pros & Cons
Same Day Shipping is an extremely powerful tool but it may move your orders through the process faster than you may want. To find the pace that is just right for you, consider some of the reasons why you may want to use Same Day Shipping with caution:
- You can only edit or change order up until they are submitted to the warehouse. Once an order is submitted, you can no longer edit, change, hold or cancel it.
- Make sure your shopping cart’s fraud prevention systems are rock solid. If you take a day off with same day shipping defaulted “on” and your shopping cart is compromised, the orders may already have left the warehouse by the time you review them. As an alternative, consider setting up order holds that are triggered in your shopping cart for certain patterns or types of orders (e.g. express ship types or expensive international shipping).
- Local Warehouse Time might catch you off guard for International warehouses. Consider when you normally review orders, if that is your business practice, and make sure the first order drop is after that time.
- Same Day Shipping does not mean same day delivery. We use the term “Same Day Shipping” to mean Shipwire makes the order available to the carrier on that day. From there the carrier shipping time lines and delivery commitments rule.
- Allow some time for carriers to update their tracking information. Certain carriers/carrier-options experience a delay in tracking ID’s being available, especially when the order is shipped in the last pickup time available that day. Before you contact Customer Care, please give it a few hours or wait until morning.
Service level exclusions
Some exclusions exist in our service level agreement for Same Day Shipping.
While orders with the following service types are not covered under Shipwire’s service level guarantees, we strive to process them within the following timelines:
|Service type||Expected service level|
Within same Day SLA + 1 day
3rd party parcel
Within same Day SLA + 1 day
Typically within 2-5 business days
How to Configure Same Day Shipping In Your Shipwire Account
All the shipping preferences for these features are found withing the Shipping Preferences Section of your account.
Here you can manage:
- Whether to send orders to the warehouse once or multiple times
- Select the times you would like to submit orders to the warehouse
- Set up an order delay for any orders that get submitted by API, shopping cart connection or spreadsheet upload. This gives you additional time to review orders before they are submitted to the warehouse.
Confirm When an Order will Drop to the Warehouse
You can see when an order is going to submit to the warehouse and its local warehouse time when you create an order using “Ship from Warehouse” or by looking at any pending order.
1. See when the order will go to the warehouse. You can select another delivery time if you want to delay to a later drop time or delay the order while you get payment, confirm the address or verify the order.
2. We display the local warehouse time as a convenience.
Go to the order summary page to review your order. You can edit the order before it has been sent to the warehouse. Once it has been sent to the warehouse, edit features will be disabled.
Hint: If an order is about to go to the warehouse and you need to edit it, just hit the clock icon to “snooze” or delay the order until the next drop time.
When to Use Paid Expedited Handling Options
As defined above, there are two types types of expedited handling that you can optionally use if you want to apply Same Day Shipping to an order that doesn’t make the standard cut-off times.
- Expedited Same Day Guaranteed
- Expedited Same Day
If you need an order to leave the warehouse the same day and you missed the cut-off window, you can upgrade the order to one of our two expedited services (This is found in the order detail page for the particular order).
Your account will display the appropriate upgrade option for the order. These options are only available in the 10:30 and 13:30 LWT submit times on working warehouse days (i.e. no holidays, or weekends)
How to Report a Same Day Shipping Problem
If your order did not meet the standard Same Day Shipping Guarantee, you can report an “order timeliness” claim after the order has been delivered in the Report a Problem interface that is part of Order Details. Expedited Same Day options are automatically credited, 3 days after the order is shipped from the warehouse.
See the screenshot below for on how to submit a report.
Please see our Report a Problem help article for more information.