2010 Holiday Shipping Reminders
December 17th is the last day for Ground shipping to be guaranteed for a holiday order.
USPS parcel post cut-off is December 15th. Most of the rest of the ground carriers are on or about the 17th. After that, you need to consider priority and express shipments to get it there on-time for the holiday.
Dec 17th is Free Shipping Day.
Thousands of Merchants will be participating in the 3rd annual “Free Shipping Day”. The reason Dec. 17th is Free Shipping Day (and not later in December), is because the cut-off for most ground shipping to get the order for the holiday is Dec. 17th. If you plan to offer free shipping on Dec 17th you may consider registering your website at Free Shipping Day (registration). Not sure you can afford a free shipping promotion, think again. See our blog post on 6 free shipping promotions to consider.
Check Your Shipping Preferences Today.
Shipwire merchants should check their shipping preferences and make sure that you are offering Expedited and Next Day delivery options. This is especially important if you use the Shipwire XML shipping rate feeds to automate shipping rates into a shopping cart checkout. If you would like to see whether your cart has real-time shipping rates, please see our Shipwire compatible shopping cart checklist.
Shipping Cut-off Dates.
December 17th is the last day for UPS or FedEx pickup before the Christmas holiday. For orders on this date you may want to notify buyers that “Your order is being quickly processed; but, there is no guarantee of delivery before Christmas”. Make sure they have selected the fastest shipping method that you offer your buyers, or it will not get there.
If you are looking for links and tips to Carrier holiday shipping schedules or Shipwire warehouse holiday schedules please see Holiday Shipping Post from last year. Example what you can learn there, today was the last day to ground ship from the U.S. to Canada for holiday delivery.
Below is Peak season cut of dates and a guide for warehouse holiday schedule:
Ground Service “Peak Season” cut-off dates:
- Dec 15th Last day to ship ground packaged from US to Canada.
- Dec 17th Last day to ship ground package and have it delivered to any customer (continental us).
- Dec 22nd Last day to ship 2Day and have it arrive before Christmas (packages picked up on 12/23 will deliver on 12/28).
- Dec 23rd Last day to ship 1Day and have it arrive before Christmas (packages picked up on 12/24 will deliver on 12/28).
- Dec 23rd Last day to ship a ground package.
- Dec 24th There will be no FedEx or UPS Ground Pickup service. They will deliver packages already in their network but will not accept any new one.
Here is the Shipwire Holiday Warehouse Schedule through January 2011
We hope this helps in the final countdown of the holiday shipping season.
Please comment if you have any other tips or questions.