More Shipping cost savings, new partners, additional UK shipping options and some odds and ends
Shipwire has released a lot of new features to merchants in the past 30 days.
Shipwire is thrilled to release the Merchant Package Service. This is a button you select in your account telling Shipwire to show and then ship with the cheapest shipping method available. There are some advanced options that you can configure to review, hold orders, see other shipping options, and do things like apply insurance and tracking methods.
It’s one button simple so you can rest assured you are getting maximum savings.
Shipwire’s UK launch is attracting the right type of attention
With the low dollar and high European demand, the UK warehouse launch is proving timely. The UK warehouse is now included with all accounts. Just click “send to warehouse” address. Check out the news page. We put together a UK warehouse resource page for merchants interested in expanding into Europe.
Shipwire has been listening to your requests for more shipping options. Here is a list of shipping methods for the UK facility:
- UPS Saver
- UPS Expedited
- UPS Standard
- UPS Express
- Royal Mail First Class Large Letter
- Royal Mail Second Class Large Letter
- Royal Mail First Class Packet
- Royal Mail Second Class Packet
- Royal Mail International Standard
- Royal Mail International Tracked
- Royal Mail International Signed For
- Parcelforce 24
- Parcelforce 48
- Parcelforce International Datapost
- Parcelforce Euro 48
- Parcelforce International Scheduled
- Parcelforce International Standard
- Parcelforce International Economy
- Pharos Hercules
- Eurotrux Ground
Shipwire is partner friendly
eBay ProStores, a hosted shopping cart, recently relaunched their website and it looks great. Shipwire is happy to now be ProStores order fulfillment and Shipping feature and promoted by ProStores. Our ProStores connection is a real time API connection that passes order information, product catalog (a real time saver if you’re just getting set up with Shipwire), tracking data, and inventory information via ProStores’ XML interface. Thanks to Mike and the whole team at ProStores for helping to make it happen. To enable the ProStores connection, simply install the ProStores Sell Tool and walk through the step-by-step wizard.
Shipwire for Zoovy success based ecommerce is available. If you have consistent sales but want to stop fretting about product placement on the website, transaction processing, and now order fulfillment – contact Zoovy sales. They have a success-based fee structure where they will take responsibility for your improved web sales for an agreed success-based amount. I’m sure they can say that better; but, they are great people to work with and very concerned with customer success and satisfaction.
Shipwire has also implemented support for the PayPal Shopping Cart. We already supported Buy Now buttons and the PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Notification).
And now some interesting features that didn’t fit in the subject line
- A huge feature is 1-click warehouse insurance. Now you can add appropriate levels of inventory insurance to your storage with Shipwire. No more 3rd-party insurance documents or billing hassles. Additional inventory insurance is additive to Shipwire’s standard insurance offerings. Expect to see a stand-alone blog article soon on the subtle but important distinctions between your own insurance and standard warehouse/carrier insurance.
- Shipwire recently opened a new warehouse in Reno, NV that is for “high item”/”pick and pack” orders, a.k.a lots of items per order. Pricing has been integrated into the Shipwire Online Pricing Tool (hint: Click customize under the “signup” button at the top).
- New freight features including Shipwire Merchant Freight Services are now offered out of many warehouses. Our new freight services make getting inventory in and out of the warehouses very easy. To see pricing, please sign up for a free trial or sign-in to your account.
- More Shipping Preferences. Now control your shipping types, outbound insurance and other options at the country or warehouse level in addition to generally across all warehouses.
If you want to see any other features please feel free to comment to this post.