New Chicago fulfillment center
We are pleased to announce that we have opened up our new state-of-the-art Chicago warehouse. As part of the process we are transitioning all inventory from our current legacy Chicago warehouse to the new facility in the area.
If you are using the current Chicago facility or have inventory on its way to that facility, please read on for important information about your account and a list of the benefits you can expect from this change.
What do you need to do?
- We will do all the heavy lifting. All you need to do is be aware that we will no longer accept ASNs at the old warehouse starting on January 27th. After this date, ASNs must be sent to the new warehouse.
- If you have any ASNs currently en route to the old Chicago warehouse, please call your carrier to redirect the shipment to the new warehouse. You can reprint the ASN label with the correct address by logging in to your Shipwire account and searching for your ASN.
For additional information, please see the FAQ below.
Here are the benefits of the new facility:
- Pricing. We are rolling out Pick ‘n Pack Saver pricing at this new facility, which means we’re going to save you money on handling.
- Faster Shipping. Our new Chicago warehouse will align with the same day shipping standards in all our US warehouses, with many of the orders submitted after 5:30 AM still being processed same day. In addition, orders with expedited handling methods and shipping will get priority status.
- FedEx. We are happy to announce that we are now offering FedEx as a carrier in our new Chicago facility.
- Automated Lot Breaks. Master cases can now be automatically broken down as needed in Chicago with no project or special request required.
- Packing Lists. All of the Shipwire US warehouses will now feature the same packing list design, including when your packing list has been customized.
- Consistent packaging. Our upgraded Chicago warehouse will make the packaging used to ship orders more consistent with packaging in other locations. This will result in a more predictable fulfillment experience.
- Gift Messaging. When a gift message is included with an order, it will appear on packing lists from the new Chicago warehouse.
- Serial Scanning. If your customers require serial scanning, you will now be able to set this up.
What do I need to do?
Simply be aware that starting January 27th, we will no longer accept ASNs at the old warehouse.
If you have any ASNs currently en route to the original Chicago warehouse, please call your carrier to redirect the shipment to the new warehouse. You can reprint the ASN label with the correct address by logging in to your Shipwire account and searching for your ASN.
Do I have to?
Yes…but don’t forget all of the awesome benefits that you will be getting with it. We’re going to help you save time and money, as well as support more of the features you need. Doesn’t that sound like a good deal?
When will this happen?
The last week of January.
Where is the new warehouse?
It’s still in the Chicago area and is even closer to the UPS facility than before.
Why in the world are you doing this?
We are always looking for ways to save you money and enhance the shipping experience for you and your customers. This move helps us do exactly that.
Will the move cost me money?
No way…we will cover the move from the original warehouse to the new warehouse.
OK that sounds great and all but level with me, will my business be impacted?
Without this notice most of you would not even know we moved your merchandise. We expect it to be completely seamless. The only impacts we are expecting on your business are positive ones, such as a new state-of-the-art warehouse which now has the same functional support and behavior as the rest of the US network, faster shipping, and better prices.
If you have any questions, our care team is ready to help you.
Hours: Monday – Friday from 6:00AM – 6:00PM.