Small Business Export Tips and Tricks
I gave a presentation at the E-commerce Merchants tradeshow in April of this year and have neglected to put it online. The E-commerce Merchants had asked me to speak for a second time and update my recommendations, tips and tricks for e-commerce sellers to grow overseas. You can see my presentation from 2009 at E-commerce International Shipping and Export Growth.
I used Scribd to put the file online.
If you flip through this slide show you will learn:
- Why all the fuss about Exports these days
- What are the big markets you should pay attention to
- How to figure out if your products are a good fit for Export
- 3 options for delivering the goods to international buyers: International Shipping, Consolidated Shipping and Cross-border E-commerce with Shipwire
- Break down of the BIG export markets pros/cons and how to Import to Canada, U.K., Australia, U.S.A (if you’re overseas). [I am now humbly revising my comment to wait on China in light of some recent export numbers I’ve been seeing.]
- How to sell into these markets
- How to build a business engine in these markets
Special thanks to Brandon and the entire crew at P@SA and the Ecommerce Merchants. If you are an e-Bay seller you should consider joining the Professional Ebay Sellers Alliance. If you are an independent seller and eBay is just a channel for you then the E-commerce Merchants Trade Association is a really hard working group of people that have your interests at heart. Consider joining both these groups or at least showing them some love.
Small Business E-commerce Export Roadmap 2010