Affiliate Program Terms
Last updated: April 2016
Thank you for your interest in the Shipwire Affiliate and Developer Affiliate Programs. There is no cost to become a Shipwire Affiliate and we try to make it simple to sign-up and manage the affiliate programs.
Here is how it works:
- Sign up for the program and accept the Affiliate Terms.
- You will instantly get access to an Affiliate link and Affiliate ID that you can market on your website or send with your API calls to Shipwire.
- Uses that click through your link and sign-up OR that you enter through your Form will be tracked with your affiliate ID and the Shipwire Sales team will work with the lead and know that you sent them.
- When your referred lead becomes a Qualified Merchant under our standard, no contract pricing, and ships products with Shipwire you earn $.30 (USD) per Commissionable Orders.
Developers building and maintaining integrations to Shipwire, this program gives you access to Affiliate Commissions to help fund your projects. If you are building an integration to Shipwire we have developer support and co-marketing programs designed to make working with us a pleasure. Please contact us to let us know your plans.
Shipwire Customers may not participate in the Affiliate program. The same goes for consultants and agents of Shipwire Customers that are actively participating in the customer’s account – if you are associated with an account at signup or for ongoing management, you may not be an affiliate for that account. We offer a Customer Referral Program if you are a customer and would like to refer business to Shipwire and be compensated.
We run our commissions Quarterly, validate the commissions and communicate your commissions to you within 45 days after the end of the Quarter. We know that many affiliates want monthly payouts; however, we have elected to pay our affiliates more money and manage the program in house, so we appreciate your understanding.
In September 2012 we simplified the program to a flat $.30 (USD) per qualified order for all Affiliates and Developer Affiliates. Prior to September 2012 we paid less commissions to most Affiliates.
We look forward to working with you.
Shipwire Partner Team
Affiliate and Partner Program Terms
This agreement (“Agreement”) contains the complete terms and conditions for your participation in the Shipwire Affiliate Program (“Program”), and the establishment of links from your Web site(s) to the Shipwire.com Web site (“Shipwire.com Site”), as defined below. As used in this Agreement, “you” means (and “your” refers to) the applicant seeking to participate as an Affiliate in the Program, “we” means (and “us”, “our” and “ours” refer to) Shipwire, Inc (“Shipwire”).
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SHIPWIRE. BY REGISTERING FOR THE PROGRAM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE AFFIRMATIVELY STATING THAT YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. General Definitions:
The Shipwire Affiliate Program is a program that allows you to receive a payment from Shipwire (“Commission Payments”) for referring a merchant (“Referred Merchant”) to Shipwire for Shipwire Services. To participate in the Program, you must comply with all of these requirements, and be a Shipwire Affiliate in good standing.
- “Affiliate” is defined as a Web site owner, Webmaster, Value Added Reseller (VAR), systems integrator or other referrer of merchants to Shipwire.com that joins the Affiliate Program for purposes of gaining Commission Payments by referring interested buyers of the Shipwire Services to Shipwire.com. An Affiliate is defined by a tracking code (“Affiliate ID”). There can only be one Affiliate that earns Commission Payments per Affiliate ID.
- “Affiliate Site” is the URL(s) (“Uniform Resource Locator”) that an Affiliate manages and upon which the Affiliate markets the Program. One affiliate can manage more than one URL that runs the same Shipwire Affiliate ID.
- “Content” and “Banner Advertisements” means the Shipwire descriptive content, landing pages, links, banner advertisements, newsletters and other Shipwire provided marketing text and content given to Affiliates to promote this program. “Banner Advertisements” means those certain rotating or permanent banner advertisements created and provided by us to you containing a Linking URL that are located on your Affiliate Site, which permits Users to navigate directly to a page on Shipwire.com Site as selected by us. You agree not to revise, change or modify any Banner Advertisement provided by Shipwire to you for placement on your Affiliate Site without the express permission of Shipwire.
- “Click-Through” means each instance in which a User navigates to and fully loads a page on Shipwire.com Site. A page “fully loads” when the entire page is displayed on the electronic device that has accessed the page. A Click-Through does not generate a Commission Payment or any obligation on Shipwire’s behalf. Affiliates receive an “Affiliate Landing Page Form” on each Affiliate ID URL, the submission of which allows a Click-Through to become a Referred Lead. Your Affiliate Landing Page Form captures the referral ID with the User Submission.
- “Developer Affiliate” is an Affiliate that has completed an integration between the Shipwire.com API and a third-party e-commerce technology. At Shipwire’s sole discretion, Shipwire may market a Developer Affiliate’s integration on Shipwire.com and conduct other co-marketing efforts with Developer Affiliate from time to time at the sole discretion of Shipwire. Developer Affiliate’s are Affiliates and managed according to the terms of this Affiliate Agreement.
- “Icons” means any graphical or text links, including, without limitation, Banner Advertisements, landing pages and persistent hyperlinks in the form of Shipwire logo, Shipwire marketing collateral, or Shipwire sign-up form, that is located on your Affiliate Site through which Users may directly link to a location on Shipwire.
- “Link” means either, (i) one or more hyperlinks located on the applicable areas of your Affiliate Site or Shipwire.com Site, or, (ii) any other alternative method that enables a User to access Shipwire.com Site from your Affiliate Site.
- “Look and Feel” means the distinctive and particular elements of graphics, design, organization, presentation, layout, user interface, navigation, trade dress, colors and stylistic convention (including the digital implementations thereof) within a World Wide Web site, and the total appearance and impression substantially formed by the combination, coordination and interaction of such elements, and any derivative works.
- “Referred Merchant” or “Merchant of Record” means a User that completes a Click-Through from an Affiliate URL, is identified via Affiliate’s Affiliate ID that becomes a Shipwire User. Users become Referred Merchants upon their agreement to Shipwire Terms of Services, Signing up for a Shipwire Service and two months payment of monthly fees to Shipwire. A User that signs up for Shipwire Service and cancels within the first two months of service is not considered a Referred Merchant. A Referred Merchant that has the same contact information listed anywhere on their account as the Affiliate does not count as a qualified Referred Merchant for commissioning purposes (please use the Shipwire Customer Referral Program if you are a Shipwire Subscriber).
- “Shipwire” means the software code, informational databases, products, and other components that make up Shipwire Services and are marketed to businesses and individual end users (“Merchants”) and enable Merchants to subscribe to and use Shipwire Services after agreeing to Shipwire Terms and Conditions. We currently offer these services on the Web under the name “Shipwire,” but we, in our sole discretion, may change the name, branding and URL(s) from time to time, and the term “Shipwire” as we use it in this Agreement is deemed to refer to all future versions of our online services described in this Agreement, regardless of the name under which it is offered from time to time, and includes without limitation any and all additional, follow-on, successor or replacement versions of these services.
- “Shipwire Services” are defined as the Shipwire offering and include without limitation all of the goods and services marketed and sold via Shipwire.com and other services we offer to individual end users for subscription. Not all Shipwire Services generate Affiliate Commission Payments, see the Commission Schedule for a definition of what Shipwire Services generate Affiliate Commission Payments.
- “Unqualified Referral” means any user referred that does not qualify for a commission payment. This includes but is not limited to: (i) signups before an affiliate ID was generated; (ii) any account that lists the affiliate as a user; (iii) any account or signup referred without an affiliate ID, that can not be tracked to the affiliate at the time of signup; (iv) any account referred to Shipwire through the Independent Sales Agent program.
- “User” means individuals or entities that access Shipwire directly from your Affiliate Site via a Click-Through. For purposes of clarification, the meaning of “User” shall not include any software program or routine that generates a Click-Through with no individual person actually present, such as bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to scrape, mine, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any information for the purpose of comparison shopping.
2. Enrollment in the Program:
To begin the enrollment process, you certify that you are an eligible party (see below) and submit a complete Program application via the Shipwire.com Site. You will be grated access to the Shipwire.com Affiliate program to start as an Affiliate. If granted immediate access after acceptance of this Agreement, Shipwire will not review your application or notify you if you do not qualify for the Program until such time as we review your commissions. Your affiliate portal may demonstrate commissions from accounts for which you are determined at a later date to be unqualified for, Shipwire does not certify that data in your affiliate portal is 100% accurate. Shipwire may reject your application, or your participation in the program at any time if we determine (in our sole discretion) that your site is unsuitable for the Program or you are ineligible.
Some Web sites are ineligible for the program and include, but are not limited to, those that (i) promote sexually explicit materials; (ii) promote violence; (iii) promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; (iv) promote illegal activities; (v) include “Shipwire,” any other trademark of Shipwire.com, Inc. or its affiliates, or variations or misspellings of any of them, in their URLs to the left of the top-level domain name (e.g., “.com”, “.net”, “.uk”, etc.) — for example, a URL such as “shipwire.mydomain.com” or “shipwire.ca” would be unsuitable; (vi) Otherwise promotes or incorporates any materials which infringe or assist others to infringe the intellectual property rights of others (vii) Collectively these unsuitable sites are deemed “Content Restrictions”.
By participating in the Program you agree that you will not engage in any such activities. If we reject your application or terminate your participation in the program you are not eligible to reapply. You should also note that if we accept your application and your site is thereafter determined (in our sole discretion) to be unsuitable for the Program, we may terminate this Agreement. Participation in the Program is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. For example, minors are not allowed to participate in the Program.
Subscribers to the Shipwire Terms of Services are specifically not qualified for participation in the Shipwire Affiliate Program. Please see the Customer Referral Program if you are a Shipwire User and wish to refer clients to Shipwire.com. If an Affiliate is listed as a User on an Shipwire.com account, that account is specifically excluded from Affiliate Commissions. See also Referred Merchant.
3. Your Participation in the Program:
Once you have completed the Affiliate application, and subject to the conditions of enrollment above, we grant you a revocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license for the duration of the term of this Agreement, solely for purposes of facilitating referrals from your site to the Shipwire.com Site, to provide on your site the Affiliate Referral Links, banners or co-branded landing pages provided for in the Program.
- We will provide you with guidelines and graphical artwork to use in linking to the Shipwire.com Site home page or customized Affiliate Landing Page for your Affiliate ID.
- To permit accurate tracking, reporting, and referral fee accrual, we will provide you with special “tagged” link formats that include your Affiliate ID to be used in all links between your site and the Shipwire.com Site. You must ensure that each of the links between your site and the Shipwire.com Site properly utilizes such special link formats. Links to the Shipwire.com Site placed on your site pursuant to this Agreement and which properly utilize such special link formats are referred to as “Affiliate Referral Links”. You will earn Referral Fees only with respect to activity on the Shipwire.com Site occurring directly through your Affiliate Referral Links and for those leads that are sent through your Affiliate Landing Page Form. We will not be liable to you with respect to any failure by you to use Affiliate Referral Links and Landing Page Forms properly, including to the extent that such failure may result in any reduction of amounts that would otherwise be paid to you pursuant to this Agreement.
- To hand a lead off to Shipwire Sales team, you can input the lead data into your Affiliate Landing Page Form to ensure proper tracking.
- E-mailing leads to Shipwire sales will not ensure the Lead is tracked with your Affilate ID and will result in an Unqualified Referral.
- Except for the license granted under this Section 2, you do not obtain any rights under this Agreement in any intellectual property, including, without limitation, any intellectual property with respect to the Affiliate Referral Links, link formats, technical specifications, guidelines or graphical artwork referenced above, or with respect to the Shipwire.com domain name.
- Further, you acknowledge and agree that you will: (a) use any data, images, text, or other information obtained by you from us or the Shipwire.com Site in connection with this Agreement (“Content”) only in a lawful manner and only in accordance with the terms of this Agreement; (b) not modify or alter any Content that consists of a graphic image, other than to resize it; (c) not edit any Content that consists of text, other than to shorten its length; (d) not sell, redistribute, sublicense or transfer any Content; (e) not use any Content in a manner intended to send sales to any site other than the Shipwire.com Site; (f) promptly delete any Content that is no longer displayed on the Shipwire.com Site or that we notify you is no longer available for your use and (j) not use any Content, including any name or likeness embodied therein, in a manner (e.g., a closely proximate placement to unrelated third party materials) that implies a person’s or company’s endorsement or sponsorship of, or commercial tie-in or other association with, any product, service, party or cause unless authorized by Shipwire.com
- You also acknowledge that as a participant in the Program, we may from time to time communicate with you about the Program. You agree to keep your contact information up to date in our Partner Portal.
- You shall prominently display and maintain the Icons provided to you by us, or any addition to or substitute thereof that we may provide to you from time-to-time during the term of this Agreement, on your Affiliate Site which shall Link directly to Shipwire.com Site. You agree not to place the Icons on the same page on your Affiliate Site with the logos or trademarks from Shipwire Competitors (as defined below). You agree that in exchange for Commission Payment you will not advertise any Competitor affiliate program on your Affiliate Site next to, adjacent to, in the same section or on the same page as the Shipwire Affiliate program. This expressly forbids you from running the Shipwire affiliate links in a compare table on your site as an Affiliate of Shipwire. In no way does this paragraph limit Shipwire’s ability to offer this Program to any Affiliates nor is this paragraph to be interpreted as an exclusivity clause granted from Shipwire to You. In the event we provide you with new or modified Icons, you agree to implement the new Icons within thirty (30) days following receipt of the update from us. You agree to comply with the Icon Guidelines for Linking that we provide to you or any other replacement guidelines that we may provide to you in writing from time-to-time during the term of this Agreement.
- In no event shall you or your agents make or extend any representation or warranty on our behalf with respect to Shipwire Services.
- You warrant and represent to us that your Affiliate Site: (i) is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations; (ii) does not contain any material that is fraudulent, defamatory or obscene; and (iii) is suitable in all respects to be Linked to/from Shipwire. You agree that your Affiliate Site will not, in any way, copy or resemble the Look and Feel of Shipwire nor will you create an impression that your Affiliate Site is Shipwire or part of Shipwire, nor will you frame any page on Shipwire being viewed by a User of your Affiliate Site who links to Shipwire through a Link. You agree that during the term of this Agreement, your Affiliate Site shall not contain any of the Content Restrictions described above, nor shall it disparage Shipwire or us in any way. We may test your Affiliate Site’s URL, and if such URL is not in compliance with the terms and conditions of this Section or the Agreement at as a whole, we, in our sole discretion may (i) remove such non-conforming URL; and/or (ii) terminate this Agreement.
4. Ineligible Party; Liquidated Damages:
If you are an employee or agent of a Competitor of ours, a shipping agent or a shipping supplier (collectively, “Ineligible Party”), you are not eligible to enroll in the Shipwire Affiliate Program. For the purposes of this Agreement, a “Competitor” includes, but isn’t limited to any shipping broker and any carrier. If you fall into any of these categories and you still wish to enroll in the Affiliate Program, you must obtain prior written approval from us for your participation as an Affiliate. If you have any questions whether you are or are not an Ineligible Party, please contact us BEFORE you execute this Agreement. In addition, you agree to: (i) terminate this Agreement immediately if you become an Ineligible Party following your enrollment in the Affiliate Program; and (ii) keep confidential any Confidential Information, as defined in this Agreement, which we have provided to you during your enrollment in the Affiliate Program. You specifically agree that the obligation for confidentiality in this Agreement survives any termination of this Agreement.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THESE RESTRICTIONS AND SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT ANY BREACH OF THIS SECTION 2 SHALL BE DEEMED A MATERIAL BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT.
IF YOU ARE AN INELIGIBLE PARTY AND ENROLL IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, YOU AND WE AGREE THAT WE WILL BE MATERIALLY DAMAGED BY YOUR ACCESS TO OUR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION IN AN AMOUNT THAT IS DIFFICULT TO ASCERTAIN. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AND WE AGREE THAT IF YOU ARE AN INELIGIBLE PARTY AND ENROLL IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, THAT YOU WILL PAY FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS (US$50,000.00) TO US AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, NOTHING IN THIS PROVISION SHALL PREVENT US FROM PURSUING EQUITABLE REMEDIES RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT.
IF FOLLOWING YOUR ENROLLMENT IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM YOU BECOME AN INELIGIBLE PARTY AND DO NOT IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND WE AGREE THAT YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS TO OUR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WILL PUT US AT RISK. FURTHER, YOU AND WE AGREE THAT ANY USE BY YOU OF THE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OBTAINED PRIOR TO TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT WILL PUT US AT RISK. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AND WE AGREE THAT IF: (I) YOU DO NOT KEEP CONFIDENTIAL THE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION YOU OBTAINED PRIOR TO BECOMING AN INELIGIBLE PARTY; OR (II) YOU DO NOT TERMINATE THE AGREEMENT AS REQUIRED AND THEREFORE CONTINUE TO ACCESS OUR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, THAT WE WILL BE MATERIALLY DAMAGED BY YOU IN AN AMOUNT THAT IS DIFFICULT TO ASCERTAIN AND YOU WILL PAY FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS (US$50,000.00) TO US AS LIQUIDATED DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, NOTHING IN THIS PROVISION SHALL PREVENT US FROM PURSUING EQUITABLE REMEDIES RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT.
5. Shipwire’s Obligations
- We shall provide you with one or more Icons, or any substitute thereof that we, in our sole discretion, may provide to you from time to time during the term of this Agreement for use on your Affiliate Site. Additionally, we shall provide you with Icon Linking guidelines, or such other replacement guidelines as we may provide to you in writing from time-to-time during the term of this Agreement.
- We shall provide customer support and fulfillment services to Users or Referred Merchants in accordance with our then-current standard terms and conditions and standard customer service policies and procedures applying generally to users of Shipwire. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to refuse to provide Shipwire Services to a User or Referred Merchants at our sole discretion.
- We shall make available to you monthly or quarterly reports, at Shipwire’s sole discretion, that set forth, at a minimum, the number of Click-Throughs to Shipwire from your Affiliate Site and commission calculations for Referred Merchants Affiliated with your Affiliate ID. These reports may from time to time reflect click-throughs, commissions and accounts for which you will not be qualified or for accounts that become subsequently Unqualified Referrals. Shipwire may edit and remove reporting at Shipwire’s sole discretion.
- The parties acknowledge that a third-party reporting and tracking agent or software, (“Reporting Agent”) may be implemented by Shipwire to assist us in fulfilling our tracking and reporting requirements. If employed, to ensure that reporting begins as soon as possible, you agree to register with the Reporting Agent as soon as practicable and to provide us with necessary information assigned by the Reporting Agent to track Users and Referred Merchant traffic from Affiliate Sites.
6. Use of Shipwire Trademarks Identifying Yourself as an affiliate:
You agree that we may include your logos, trademarks, trade names and similar identifying material (“Your Marks”) on Shipwire in a listing of companies who are participating in the Program; provided however, that in no event shall we be required to include Your Marks in any such listing. You represent and warrant that you are the sole and exclusive owner of Your Marks and have the right and power to grant to us the license to use them in the manner described herein, and such grant does not or will not breach, conflict with, or constitute a default under any agreement or other instrument applicable to you or binding upon you; or infringe upon any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity. We will remove Your Marks from any such lists upon the effective date of the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
You may not issue any press release with respect to this Agreement or your participation in the Program without written permission from Shipwire; such action may result in your termination from the Program. The Affiliate Portal may make available to you a small graphic image that identifies your site as a Program participant. You may display this logo or the phrase “In association with Shipwire” somewhere on your site. We may modify the text or graphic image of this notice from time to time. In addition, you may not in any manner misrepresent or embellish the relationship between us and you, or express or imply any relationship or affiliation between us and you or any other person or entity except as expressly permitted by this Agreement (including by expressing or implying that we support, sponsor, endorse, or contribute money to any charity or other cause).
Limited License. We grant you a nonexclusive, revocable right to use the graphic image and text described in this section and such other text or images for which we grant express permission, solely for the purpose of identifying your site as a Program participant and to assist in generating Shipwire Services sales. You may not use such image or text in an offline promotion or other offline manner (e.g., in any printed material, mailing or other document). You may not modify the graphic image or text, or any other of our images, in any way. We reserve all of our rights in the graphic image and text, any other images, our trade names and trademarks, and all other intellectual property rights. You agree to follow these and other Shipwire Trademark Guidelines, as those guidelines may change from time to time. We may revoke your license at any time by giving you written notice.
7. Ownership of Shipwire:
- We shall own all intellectual property rights (including without limitation all copyrights, patents, trademarks and trade secrets) in connection with and in all versions of Shipwire.
- We will own all data generated by Users and Referred Merchants of Shipwire, and all of the terms and conditions, rules, policies and operating procedures of Shipwire (including but not limited to policies relating to the use of customer personal identification information, customer orders, customer service and ticket fulfillment) will apply to such Users and Referred Merchants of Shipwire; and we reserve the right to change such terms and conditions, rules, policies and operating procedures at any time.
8. Commission Structure:
You are eligible to earn Commissions on qualified sales of Shipwire Services to Referred Merchants, as defined in definition section, during the term of this Agreement. You will not be eligible for Commissions on Unqualified Referrals.
Commission Payments for Shipwire Services will not be awarded in the event of credit card fraud, bad debt, and credits due for cancellations or returns by Referred Merchants.
We will pay you a Commission only if the Referred Merchant is tracked on our internal online ordering system from the time the Link is initiated on your Affiliate Site to the time of the sale. You may also manually enter a Referred Merchant through your Affiliate Referral Form. You agree that no Commission will be paid if the “Referred Merchant” cannot be tracked by our internal ordering system or the User is already a subscriber to Shipwire Services, such Merchants are Unqualified Referrals. IF you are a developer affiliate, you can also embed your Affiliate ID into each order fulfillment API call for your integration.
If you want to manually submit a lead to Shipwire Sales team, and ensure it is tracked for commissioning purposes, you should go to your Affiliate Landing Page and complete the Affiliate Referral form.
Affiliate Commissions are calculated as follows:
Shipwire will commission you $.30 (USD) for each Qualified Order shipped from a Referred Merchant (see definition section) that was referred and is tracked to your Affiliate ID for a period of 1 year for a standard affiliate and 3 years for a Developer Affiliate with an active and supported integration. If a Referred Merchant signs a custom, discounted pricing agreement with us, we reserve the right to discount or eliminate the commission amount for Qualified Orders. An order is a Qualified Order if it ships from a Shipwire Fulfillment Facility and is not canceled, refunded, fraudulent, subject to order hold, subject to a Shipwire credit, subject to an insurance claim or returned.
Should an Affiliate or Developer Affiliate not refer Users or generate Click-Through(s) to Shipwire via the Affiliate’s Link for a period of 6 months Affiliate is considered not eligible for Commission Payments and this agreement will be considered terminated. After such termination Affiliate can request reactivation of their Affiliate ID, which may be granted at Shipwire’s sole discretion, or resubmit an application for a new Affiliate ID with Shipwire. Shipwire may enforce this termination clause at its sole discretion.
A Shipwire Fulfillment Facility is one of the warehouses in the Shipwire Global Warehouse network that is administered by Shipwire. Shipwire Anywhere™ orders and online labels printed through Shipwire interfaces are not counted for commission payments to Affiliates.
9. Developer Affiliates:
In addition to the paragraphs above, Developer Affiliates with present active integrations to Shipwire API receive additional affiliate benefits and resources.
Shipwire, in it sole discretion, may co-market your integration and include you in Shipwire marketing and press activities at Shipwire cost.
Shipwire makes available in our Order API calls the ability to insert your affiliate ID on each order you submit to Shipwire. Any Qualified Order with your Affiliate ID in the order call will qualify for a commission absent the order being tied to a Referred Merchant of another Affiliate. In such a conflict – between a Referred Merchant from an Affiliate and an Order call with an Affiliate ID from a Developer Affiliate – the party that originally referred the user will qualify for the commission.
Within forty-five (45) days after the end of each quarter during the term of the Agreement with respect to which we owe you any Commission Payments, we will furnish you an online statement together with payment for any amount due to you (“Commission Schedule”). In the event that the total quarterly Commission Payment payable to you is less than Fifty Dollars (US$50.00) for the applicable month (“Monthly Minimum Threshold”), we will hold the payment until the aggregate total Commission Payment meets or exceed the Quarterly Minimum Threshold. We will remit all payments owed to you to your address provided in the Application submitted in accordance with your enrollment in this program. You expressly agree to keep your address and personal information submitted to Shipwire up dated. Any Commission Payments returned to Shipwire due to incorrect Affiliate contact information will not be resent and you agree to relinquish rights to such Commissions.
We may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time in our sole discretion. Notification to you of any change by e-mail or posting of a change notice on Shipwire.com and/or the Internet site of any designated Reporting Agent, as described above, at our sole option, shall be considered sufficient notice to you of a modification to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Modifications may include, but are not limited to, changes in the scope of available Commission fees, commission schedules, payment procedures, and Program rules. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF A CHANGE NOTICE OR NEW AGREEMENT ON THE SHIPWIRE.COM SITE WILL CONSTITUTE BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGE.
12. Effect of Economic Conditions:
In the event we deem, in our sole discretion, that act of terrorism, act of God, military action or extraordinary political, economic, or other conditions or occurrences beyond our control significantly impacts the shipping business, our businesses, access or navigation to Shipwire from you or your business(es) and alters our exposure under this Agreement, we may, at any time, suspend performance (in part or whole) of any or all terms and conditions of this Agreement, suspend payment due hereunder (in part or whole) or terminate the Agreement (in part or whole), in our sole discretion. We will provide you with written notice five (5) days prior to the effective date of such change(s). You agree that written notice can be made in the form of mail, email or fax.
13. Term and Termination:
This Agreement shall commence upon our acceptance of your Program Application and shall continue until terminated by either party. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice of termination. Written notice can be in the form of mail, email or fax. You are only eligible to earn Commissions occurring during the term of the Agreement, and Commissions earned through the date of termination will remain payable in accordance with this Agreement. If this Agreement is terminated because (i) you have violated the terms of this Agreement, or (ii) your Affiliate Site becomes subject to the Content Restrictions set forth above, you are not eligible to receive any commission payments, even for commissions earned prior to termination. We reserve the right to withhold your final payment for a reasonable time to ensure that the correct amount is paid. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason, you shall immediately remove any Icon, Link or Shipwire Content from your Affiliate Site.
14. Representations and Warranties:
You represent and warrant to us that you are not an Ineligible Party, as defined in this Agreement, and that this Agreement has been duly and validly executed by you by virtue of your clicking on the “Accept” button at the end of this Agreement and constitutes your legal, valid and binding obligation, enforceable against you in accordance with its terms; and that the execution, delivery, and performance by you of this Agreement are within your legal capacity and power, have been duly authorized by all requisite action on your part, require the approval or consent of no other persons; and neither violate nor constitute a default under the provision of any law, rule, regulation, order, judgment or decree to which you are subject or which is binding upon you, or the terms of any other agreement, document or instrument applicable to you or binding upon you. The representations and warranties in this Section are continuous in nature and shall be deemed to have been given by you upon your acceptance via the “Accept” button at the end of this Agreement and at each stage of performance hereunder. These representations and warranties and covenants shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us and our Affiliates, and their directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, partners, members, and other owners, against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, settlements, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ or other professional’s fees) (any or all of the foregoing hereinafter referred to as “Losses”) insofar as such Losses (or actions in respect thereof) arise out of or are based on (i) any claim that our use of Your Marks infringe on any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, license, intellectual property, or another proprietary right of any third party, (ii) any misrepresentation of a representation or warranty or breach of a covenant and agreement made by you herein, or (iii) any claim related to your Affiliate Site including, without limitation, content therein not attributable to us.
16. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability:
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Program or any service, product or other items sold through the Program, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement, implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage, or freedom from patent, trademark or copyright infringements, whether arising by law, custom or conduct, or as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided by us. In addition, we make no representation that the operation of Shipwire or Shipwire.com will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFITS, OR DATA, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PROGRAM, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHER, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT AND THE PROGRAM WILL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL COMMISSIONS PAID OR PAYABLE TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION UNDER WHICH SUCH DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT.
17. Confidentiality; Media Communications:
If you have entered into a Non-Disclosure Agreement with us, you agree that the terms of that agreement shall be deemed to be incorporated herein. If you have not entered into a Non-Disclosure Agreement with us, then you understand and agree that the following terms and conditions will apply to certain information that we may disclose to you as a result of your participation in the Program information that we consider to be confidential (the “Confidential Information”). For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Confidential Information”, shall include, but not be limited to, the terms of this Agreement, any modifications to the terms and provisions of the Agreement made specifically for your Affiliate Site and not generally available to other members of the Program, business and financial information, customer and vendor lists, and pricing and sales information, concerning us or you, respectively, or any members of the Program, other than you. Confidential Information shall also include any information that we designate as confidential during the term of this Agreement.
You agree not to disclose any Confidential Information and that such Confidential Information shall remain strictly confidential and shall not be utilized, directly or indirectly, by you for your own business purposes or for any other purpose except and solely to the extent that any such information is generally known or available to the public or if same is required by law or legal process.
18. Independent Investigation:
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY AT ANY TIME (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) ENGAGE IN SIMILAR ARRANGEMENTS ON TERMS THAT MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR OPERATE WEB SITES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO OR COMPETE WITH YOUR AFFILIATE SITE. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
19. Governing Law:
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in California State in Santa Clara County and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. If either party employs attorneys to enforce any rights arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, including expert witness fees.
You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on and enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns. This Agreement is the complete Agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior oral or written agreement concerning the subject matter.
Any dispute relating in any way to this Agreement (including any actual or alleged breach hereof), any transactions or activities under this Agreement or your relationship with us or any of our affiliates shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in San Jose, California, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of California (and you consent to non-exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts) or any other court of competent jurisdiction. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
22. No Waiver:
Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such a provision or any other provision of this Agreement.