|Support series: Fulfilling Amazon sales with Shipwire|
Connect to Shipwire: Amazon MWS (This page)
Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) is an integrated Web service API that helps Amazon sellers to programmatically exchange data on listings, orders, payments, reports, and more.
Connecting your Amazon Store to Shipwire is easy. The sell tool uses the Amazon MWS API connection. NOTE: Your Amazon account must allow for API access (not available for individual accounts, you need a Pro account or better). If you are unsure of your account type, contact Amazon.
|Who developed integration:||Shipwire|
|Status:||Clients actively using the connection, no known issues|
Order Entry – Orders are submitted to Shipwire from your e-commerce store automatically via our Order Entry API. Once your online store receives an order, Shipwire takes care of the rest.
Order Tracking – All tracking information related to completed shipments is pulled automatically, including expected delivery dates.
Inventory Status – You can query your inventory status globally, by region, or by warehouse. Find out when inventory will be available for products that are out of stock.
Begin by following the steps below to enable Amazon MWS API access. Not all Amazon Seller portals are configured, so you use a portal that’s not available, Contact Us.
- Enable the Amazon MWS sell tool under Add Connectors in the Third Party Connectors link in your Shipwire account drop down menu.
- Select the appropriate Amazon Seller Portal to enable.
- Go to http://developer.amazonservices.com to enable Amazon MWS. Specific URL will vary by Seller Portal, for instance, the UK portal is http://developer.amazonservices.co.uk.
- Click the Sign up for MWS button.
- Log in to your Amazon seller account. You will need to do this for each Amazon seller portal.
- On the MWS registration page, click the button for ‘I want to use an application to access my Amazon seller account with MWS’.
- In the Application Name text box, enter the name of the application as: Shipwire Distribution.
- In the Application’s Developer Account Number text box, enter the MWS developer account identifierfor Shipwire: 2721-1088-6089
- Click the Next button.
- Accept the Amazon MWS License Agreement and click the Next.
- The next page will display your Seller ID, Marketplace ID, and Auth Token. Copy these identifiers as you will need them for the next step. It is also a good practice to print this page and save it in a safe place. You can view this information in your Amazon seller account.
- In your Amazon Seller account, locate and copy your Merchant Token (Settings > Account Info > Business Information Section > Merchant Token). Note this down as you will also need it in a later step.
Once you’ve completed the steps above, check that you’ve added the Amazon MWS sell tool in your Shipwire account, then follow these instructions to complete the connection.
- Enter your Amazon Merchant ID (Seller ID), Marketplace ID, Merchant Authorization Token, and Merchant Token into the Setup Connection field in the Sell panel of your Shipwire dashboard.
- Select the Shipwire API connections you wish to use for your connection.
- Schedule your order fulfillment.
Q.How can I have Shipwire fulfill some products I sell on Amazon, but not all of them?
A.Simply load into Shipwire only the products that you would like us to fulfill. Then edit the setting for “Sell tool orders w/ unknown products” in your Shipping Preferences. Here you can set orders with unknown products to be rejected, held, or shipped with just the products that Shipwire recognizes.
Q.How are Amazon’s shipping methods mapped to Shipwire service types?
A.Amazon shipping methods will map as provided below:
Amazon shipping level => Shipwire service type
Standard => GD
Expedited => 2D
SecondDay => 2D
NextDay => 1D
Express => 1D