Expanding into Asia-Pac infographic
Reaching a billion new buyers in Asia-Pacific
In order to convey the importance of a market like Asia-Pacific, sometimes a graphical representation of ideas is better than just using words. The infographic makes visual many of the important reasons to think about Asia-Pac and understand the benefits of entering this market through Hong Kong.
Pricing was based on 10 lbs. item(s), 10”x10”x10” before packaging, ~12”x12”x11” after packaging
Prices may not include duties, taxes and miscellaneous additional customs brokerage costs.
*USPS prices were acquired using central zip codes and based on shipping on Monday, June 18, 2012. Prices reflect shipping options similar to Hong Kong’s shipping time and/or price, including USPS Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG) and USPS Express Mail® International (online postage prices). Prices and transit times are for illustrative purposes only and are subject to change depending on carrier, date, zip codes and other variables.
For the curious, we have included a list of the sources we’ve used for obtaining data for this infographic.
- “China is currently the 3rd largest consumer market in the world, with 1.3 billion consumers”: Source
- “By 2015, China is predicted to be the 2nd largest (behind the USA) at 14% of all consumption”: Source
- China: “Disposable income per household will double from $4,000 to $8,000″: Source
- China: “6% of urban households will be affluent ($34,000+ per year)”: Source
- China: “51% of urban households will be mainstream ($16,000-$33,999 per year)”: Source
- “69% of Japanese, 58% of Australian, 40% of Chinese consumers shop online”: Source
- “The shipping prices for 20’ containers on one popular ocean freight line rose $775 this year”: Source
- “Discretionary spending will rise to 13.4% CAGR across all income levels”: Source
- “China’s exports valued at $1.9 trillion, 20.3% more than 2010″: Source
- “Exports through May rose 8.7% over the previous year, to $774.4 billion USD”: Source
- E-commerce growth figures: Source