X-Cart Gold (Lite Commerce)
Shipwire provides a free module to connect X-Cart Gold 4.1.9.
NOTE: Due to lack of demand, Shipwire has eliminated support for X-Cart. This page contains the configuration instructions from October, 2011.
Order Entry – Orders are submitted to Shipwire from your e-commerce store automatically via our Order Entry API. Once your online store receives an order, Shipwire takes care of the rest.
A few things to note as you get started:
Your product SKU IDs in Shipwire should match the SKU field in X-cart for any products you want Shipwire to to fulfill.
There are three options for triggering Shipwire fulfillment from X-cart
- (Recommended) Fulfill automatically after checkout, Admin triggered – Admin can trigger the fulfillment notice to Shipwire by clicking Shipwire Fulfillment on the admin orders list page. You can fulfill multiple orders at a time by checking the box in front of order list item. NOTE: Only Queued, Processed, or Backordered orders can be fulfilled. After being fulfilled, the order status will be changed to Completed
- Fulfill automatically after checkout – Order fulfillment notice will be automatically sent to Shipwire at the end of shopping checkout process. (NOTE: This is not recommended, but if admin sets this option, after fulfillment, status will not change).
- Disable – Shipwire will not be notified of orders.
The Shipwire API’s XML response will be logged to a log file and in admin dashboard fulfillment status will be displayed.
First, find and connect your cart within your Shipwire account, then follow the steps below to configure it.
- Once you’ve added X-cart as a Sell tool, you’ll find configuration instructions within the module.
- Install the X-cart module from Shipwire into your X-cart folders. The module includes a set of read-me instructions for you to follow. Included is a list of files that you will need to overwrite in X-cart.
- Setup the X-cart database by logging into your store admin screen and going to the setup_shipwire_db.php page. Run through the Shipwire module configuration (see detailed instructions in the module’s read-me instructions file).
- Confirm the Shipwire connection and insert the secret key generated by your X-cart module. Ensure your SKUs in Shipwire match your SKUs in X-cart. Product information required in Shipwire and corresponding values in X-cart include:
SKU name – (IMPORTANT) In your X-cart product, SKU field should be specified as SKU name
Description – “Product name” field in X-CART
Packing Type – You can specify either “Lick ‘n Stick®” or “Pick and Pack”
Dimensions – Product length, width, and height are needed for shipping fee calculations
Weight – “Products Shipping Weight” field in X-cart
Declared Value – “Price” field in X-cart
- Test a few orders.