Acceptable Use Policy
The Acceptable Use Policy covers all shipments made from Shipwire facilities or on Shipwire shipping accounts whether through a user’s own web site, the Shipwire application, any online marketplace, or any other forum.
Shipwire reserves the right to take preventative or corrective actions to protect itself and its users at any time. Any user violating this policy voids any implied or express warranties and violates the Shipwire Terms of Service. Violating this policy may also result in temporary or permanent limitation of a user’s account, a held account, termination of an account with 30 days’ notice, or immediate termination. This includes the inability to ship merchandise, to remove financial information from an account, and for users to close their accounts as a way of evading the policy. Additionally, users whose accounts are permanently limited for violating this policy are barred from future use of Shipwire and its services, and such users are not permitted to directly or indirectly open new or additional Shipwire accounts on behalf of themselves or others. Please note, additional information on held accounts and termination is provided in the Support section of this site. If you encounter violations of this policy, please report them to Shipwire immediately.
Please note that carriers and insurance, and specific product destinations, may have additional limitations, prohibitions or fees beyond those of Shipwire, for which the user is solely responsible.
These are the types of products that, for everyone’s safety, Shipwire simply cannot handle:
- Any products related to illegal activities or which are prohibited by law in the place of origin, the destination, or any sites through which the products travel.
- Any products that are illegal in the country where the Shipwire warehouse is holding inventory.
- Products requiring specific licenses to store or distribute. Examples of products with distribution and licensing requirements may include, but are not limited to:
- Live plants and animals
- Alcoholic beverages
- Ammunition & firearms
- Prescription pharmaceuticals
- Explosive or hazardous products
- Unique or one-of-a-kind materials
- Precious metals (gold, silver, etc.)
- Lithium battery products that exceed the limitations for small lithium batteries and cells must be shipped as fully regulated and, therefore, are not able to ship in the Ingram network today.
Conditional use products
For the following types of products, the user must obtain written approval from Shipwire prior to sending product to any Shipwire location. These types of products have unique characteristics that require special attention or limitations of service by Shipwire, and will require the user to sign a product-specific addendum to the Shipwire Terms of Service before they can be processed.
Shipwire is not responsible for any processing delays or costs associated with a failure to obtain approval in advance for the following:
- Products with specific transportation restrictions and/or limitations, including:
- Lithium batteries
- Less than 3 units of any Stock Keeping Unit (SKU). Units sent as part of a test order are excluded from this exception.
- High value products, or restricted monetary equivalents, including:
- Products with a replacement value over $500 per item
- Cash equivalents
- Non-conveyable products, including:
- Products with any dimension longer than 24 inches
- Individual products weighing > 70 lbs (32 Kg)
- Hazardous and/or dangerous products, including:
- Aerosols and flammable liquids
- Perfumes and fragrances
- Weapons and knives
- Any product with, or requiring, a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)/Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Products that are subject to approval, certification, licensing or other regulatory requirements in the jurisdiction in which Shipwire will handle the products (e.g., without limitation, some products intended for internal consumption or application to a body)
- Used and previously-owned products
- Adult, “Adult use only”, adult-oriented, or adult-themed products requiring special handling including any products containing adult-themed packaging or images
- Products not in bags that can be damaged by dust
- Products containing perishables, or liquids of any kind
- Posters or flyers which require rolling or packaging to prevent crushing
- Temperature- and pressure-sensitive products, including:
- Products that would become brittle or otherwise be damaged in temperatures < 32°F (0°C)
- Products that would melt or otherwise be damaged in temperatures > 90°F (32°C)
- Products susceptible to damage because of any condition that may be encountered in air transportation, such as high or low temperature, high or low atmospheric pressure, or sudden changes in either
- Products or product packaging that are susceptible to damage through ordinary handling or extended storage
- Any shippable product must be able to pass a 4-foot drop test onto a hard surface without the product breaking. A drop test consists of five drops: flat on base; flat on top; flat on longest side; flat on shortest side; on a corner.
- Any shippable product must be able to withstand a full minute vigorous shaking (FMVS) test without any contents breaking