If you are shipping merchandise from
- one of our U.S. warehouses to a non-U.S. address
- one of our non-U.S. warehouses to a U.S. address, or if you are sending in a new receiving order from
- a non-U.S. address to on eof our U.S. warehouses
Please note that U.S. Customs Border Protection (CBP) guidelines require that import/export filings include the shipper’s Employer Identification Number (EIN).
In the case of imports, CBP does allow the Importer to list the consignee’s EIN or SSN, however, there is typically no easy way for most merchants to collect this information. As a result, we require that merchants with shipments in one of the above three categories enter their EIN.
If you do not yet have a Federal Tax ID, which is required to obtain an EIN, then you have two options that will allow you to get one:
- Incorporate your business in the US in 2-3 business days by visiting incorporate.com.
- Ask for an EIN (Employer Identification Number).
- If you don’t have a US Mailing address, get a mail forwarding address from them.
- If you want to call them dial 1-888-340-7239 and tell them you came from Partner #9105 (We track aggregate sign-ups to ensure that you get the highest quality service).
- Get your EIN Now (Alternatively, visit this page). An alternate number if you do not have a U.S. Social Security Number is 800-818-6082 (Toll-free) or 302-636-5440. Please tell them at that Partner #9105 sent you.
- Obtain a personal tax id from the IRS online or via forms
- Get a US EIN number online from IRS.gov
- If the link above doesn’t work for your computer or you have issues, you can fill out Form SS-4. (Application for Employer Identification Number). IRS Form SS-4. Instructions for Form SS-4. (Please note, we try and keep these links up to date; but you can also go to www.irs.gov and search for “form SS-4”³.)
- Over the phone only takes a few minutes: Call 215-516-6999 for the international bureau of IRS registrations. The number can be issued the same day if you talk to an agent and then fax in your signature.
- Via Fax can take 4-5 days. Fax a completely filled out Form SS-4 to 800-829-1040 (domestic fax machines only) or 215-516-1040 (for international faxes).
- You can also submit the form by mail which can 30 days or more (not advised).
- In some cases you may be asked to get the final confirmation form from the IRS forms office. Call them at 215-516-2000, and ask them to issue a registration confirmation via fax. You can then forward this to your carrier for processing of the import.
Feel free to list the warehouse address where you are storing your inventory on your EIN documentation as a location of product storage.
[Please Note: We do not provide a tax ID number for import purposes.]