Magento is the eCommerce software trusted by some of the world’s leading brands.
|Submit ticket to Shipwire or call 1-888-SHIPWIRE
All Shipwire API integrations are supported:
Order Entry – Orders are submitted to Shipwire from your Magento store automatically via our Order Entry API, so when your online store gets an order Shipwire does the rest.
Order Tracking – All tracking information related to completed shipments is pulled automatically, including expected delivery dates.
Inventory Status – You can query your inventory status globally, by region, or by fulfillment center. Find out when inventory will be next available on product that is out of stock.
Shipping Rates – Obtain real-time shipping rates at any time during checkout. Shipwire will return the most cost-effective rates, choosing from the best fulfillment center, packaging, and carrier available based on your Optimizer preferences.
Connection Status – When you set up your Magento connection, you will see its status right in your Shipwire account under the Magento tool setup screen. See if your connection is set up correctly or if there any errors or warnings.
Connect multiple stores – Shipwire lets you connect more than one Magento store to your fulfillment account. Ship orders for multiple Magento storefronts, and manage them all in the same place.
Installing Magento 2.0 in your Shipwire Platform account
Please download the Shipwire-Magento-Extension.zip and proceed to next steps in the section Installation guide with extension.
We recommend using our extension (which can provide real-time shipping rate quotes at checkout as well as make it easier to connect to your Magento store) to connect your Magento store with Shipwire.
Installation Guide with extension
Please Note: This is preferred method for Installing Magento Extension
Download the Shipwire-Magento Extension
Please download the Shipwire-Magento Extension Zip Folder and follow the instructions below.
- Please download the Shipwire-Magento-Extension.zip and proceed to next steps for Installation
- Create another directory called “app/code/Shipwire/Shipping/“ into the root directory of your Magento installation
- Upload the content of zip to “app/code/Shipwire/Shipping/“
- Go to Magento 2 root directory. Run: “php bin/magento setup:upgrade”
- Run: “php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy”
- Run “php bin/magento setup:di:compile”
- Run “php bin/magento cache:flush” (clear all cache).
- Disable your pop-up blocker prior to your installation of Magento 2.0 to your Shipwire account. Below are a few support pages on how to disable the pop-up blocker for these popular browsers:
- Follow the instructions on Connect to Shipwire overview to add the Magento 2.0 connection
- Log in to your Magento instance
- Navigate to the Integrations by going to System > Extensions > Integrations
- Locate the line with “Shipwire Fulfillment Services” then click “Activate”.
- A prompt will come up, click “Allow”.
- If your User account has not already been authenticated, you will be presented with a login page. Once logged in, you’ll have a confirmation prompt to create the connection. After that is confirmed, you’ll be taken to the Magento 2 connection page in the Shipwire Platform where you can modify your preferences.
Q.After an order is placed in Magento how long does it take before showing up in Shipwire?
A.We poll your Magento cart once an hour for new orders. It can take up to one hour for your order to show up.
Q.The Shipwire Fulfillment Rating extension doesn’t always work. What’s wrong?
A.The Shipwire Fulfillment Rating extension uses the Shipwire Rating API directly to get rating requests. Carefully review the Shipping Module instructions. Also, make sure your Shipwire account email address and password match your Shipwire account exactly.
Another issue is trying to rate shipments with SKUs that Shipwire does not have defined or has never had inventory. This is because we can not determine the weight or dimensions of what is being shipped in order to properly quote shipping rates. Generally, if you can see the SKU in the Manage Inventory view, it can be rated for shipment.
Q.I added a new SKU to my Shipwire account. How to I get my inventory to update in my Magento Cart?
A.Shipwire pushes inventory updates only when inventory changes. For a new SKU, we push the initial inventory update when your receiving is first uploaded. If at the time of this update you do not have the SKU defined in Magento, the update won’t have any effect. You should always make sure your new SKU is present in Magento before your receiving is first uploaded so it can immediately record your inventory.
Q.What about adding extensions to Magento – will that affect my Shipwire integration?
A.Most Magento add-ons will work perfectly with the Shipwire integration. However, that is not always the case. One particularly problematic add-on is a module that allows you to delete orders from your Magento database. This module does not properly delete your orders and leaves the database in a state that causes the API to fail. We strongly recommend that you use extreme caution with any module that modifies your Magento order data. Before installing, be sure to take a snapshot of your data in case you need to revert to an earlier version.
Q.When does Shipwire update my inventory on Magento?
A.We push inventory updates to your Magento cart on an hourly basis. We only include the SKUs that have had a change in the status on our side since the last sync.
Q.Why is the inventory amount for some of my SKUs not syncing?
A.If you add a SKU to your Shipwire account and bring in inventory, and then after that you add the SKU to Magento, your cart will miss the initial inventory update. Contact Shipwire support and we can do a manual sync of inventory back to your cart. To avoid missing the initial inventory sync, first add a new SKU to Magento, and then add the SKU to Shipwire.
Additional Information and Troubleshooting Tips
We have additional information and troubleshooting tips that apply to shopping cart software in general. This includes more information about how Shipwire does real-time shipping rates via service levels, inventory, and more. Please visit our Cart Troubleshooting Guide.