One way to add orders to your Shipwire account to be shipped is to upload a spreadsheet in .XLS, .CSV or .TSV format containing the order information.
Download Templates Here
You can download the sample ﬁles here:
- Shipwire accepts a file header row (where column fields are designated with square brackets – e.g. [order_no]). You can put these column names in any order, and choose to include only the fields you care about. Be sure to include all of the required fields.
- The following header column fields are required:
- Each additional line of an order (for orders > 1 unique product) should repeat all of the same data included in the order header row.
- The external ID is an optional 32 character identifier you can use to create your own unique identifier to reference an order.
- Each unique product (SKU) should be called out only once per order (i.e. there should not be 2 rows with sku123 called out in it.
- Shipwire will assume blank fields are unknown, and use default settings where applicable (e.g. email address).
- Shipping_method options include: 1D, 2D, and GD (for one day, two day and ground service respectively). You can further adjust specific service level mappings in your Shipwire shipping preferences.
- You can set ‘is_commercial’ to 1 on orders that are known to be commercial (0 or blank will be assumed to be residential).
- Although preferred, you do not have to include leading zeroes (if present) on U.S. Zip Codes (e.g. 1233 will be assumed to be 01233).
- Use company_name to customize the name that appears on your shipping labels, packing list, and confirmation emails on an order by order basis. You can also set this globally (for all orders) using the Shipwire Delight tools. If it is defined in the spreadsheet for a given order, we will override the global setting.
- Adding a 1 under the hold field will manually hold any of your uploaded orders until you choose to release them. You can also append a custom reason to describe why you initiated the hold. (0 or blank will be assumed to imply no manual hold requested).
How To Upload
Sign in to your account.
Under the Orders tab, click “Upload multiple orders”.
Click “Upload Orders”.
Choose the file you wish to upload.
Confirm that your data follows our field schema to pass validation.
Click the Upload Orders button.
In order to pass spreadsheet upload validation, please ensure that your data entry follows our field schema found within the spreadsheet. This promotes stronger data integrity for our Platform and enables us to better serve your company.
Acceptable Values for Specific Fields:
- [country] – 2 digit country code or full name.
- [phone] – Phone numbers must be within 50 characters.
- [warehouse] – Specify which warehouse by its ID found here. *Please note that this is a hidden field and must be activated by the Shipwire Platform customer team. Incorrectly adding this field may cause delayed order routing or cancellations.
- [carrier_requested] – Specify which carrier to use for the order. *Please note that this is a hidden field and must be activated by the Shipwire Platform customer team. Incorrectly adding this field may cause delayed order routing or cancellations.
Your upload should have the following header row names and details:
[order_no] – The order number for what is being shipped.
[order_date] – Date of the order. The format should be mm/dd/yy.
[name] – Receiver’s name.
[address_1], [address_2], [address_3] – Address fields for shipping address. If only one line is needed for the address, then the others can be left blank.
[city] – Destination city.
[state] – Destination state.
[ZIP] – Destination zip code. In case a zip code is fewer than 5 numbers, a leading 0 can be used although it is not mandatory. For example, 1233 is recognized as 01233
[country] – Destination country.
[email] – Receiver’s e-mail.
[phone] – Receiver’s phone number.
[shipping_method] – Selected shipping methods can be 1D for one day, 2D for two day and GD for ground service. You can further adjust specific mapping in your Shipwire preferences.
[is_commercial] – If an address is known to be commercial, input 1 in this field. Otherwise, a 0 means an address is residential.
[sku] – The SKU of the product being shipped.
[quantity] – The number of products being shipped for each SKU.
The order of the columns does not matter, so one way of changing your existing file to fit this format would be to copy and paste each bolded header row name above over your existing header rows in your file, then saving and uploading.